Gain a better understanding and improve your organization’s administration of workers’ compensation in each jurisdiction from a payroll perspective. This half-day online seminar covers the key elements of the process, including calculating premiums, reconciling and reporting payments, and filing annual returns.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Sound for this online session is streamed directly through your computer or electronic device. Participants will not be provided with a dial-in number.
Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Participants will be able to:
- Learn the employer's obligations as it relates to workers' compensation coverage and exceptions to coverage
- Identify workers' compensation assessable earnings, based on employment jurisdiction
- Learn how to calculate the workers' compensation premiums on assessable earnings
- Estimate the wage loss benefits available to an injured worker
- Process payments from the employer that might be provided during a workers' compensation claim
- Report payments from the employer on T4 and RL-1 slips; and
- Complete the annual year end workers' compensation reconciliations and reporting
Who should attend?
This introductory online professional development seminar is perfect for those new to payroll, experienced payroll practitioners, payroll analysts, specialists or if you oversee the payroll department. This online PD seminar will provide you with the knowledge and skill required to excel at your administrative functions within the payroll department as it relates to workers' compensation
- Participants will engage in online polls, test your knowledge exercises and be able to ask questions via interactive collaboration
- The session will be Instructor / Facilitator led
- You will receive an auto generated email 48 hours before the session with instructions and links to download course materials and access the online PD seminar.
- Participants may also choose to take an optional online multiple choice test following the seminar to self-evaluate their learning.
After registering online for this event, you will receive an email confirmation. Confirmation emails are sent approximately 2 business days after the registration has been processed.
Three business days before the live event, you will be sent the link to access the webinar on the scheduled day.
Detailed instructions on accessing the webinar will be emailed to you on the morning of the event.
Cancellations or Transfers: requests must be received in writing at least four (4) business days prior to the online seminar date. Please note a cancellation fee or transfer fee in the amount of $50 plus applicable taxes will be applied. Cancellation or transfer requests received after the login information has been provided are not eligible for a transfer or refund.