In this webinar, we will speak to Ontario’s Respect in the Workplace legislation which came into effect on September 8, 2016 and brought with it a new perspective and responsivity surrounding what it means to have a safe workplace. The webinar will provide an overview of your duties and obligations as an employer under Ontario’s new Bill 132 and what this new legislation means for your workplace.
As a result of Ontario’s introduction of Respect in the Workplace legislation, most other jurisdictions have also developed policies on Workplace Violence and Workplace Harassment under their respective Occupational Health and Safety acts.
It is important to be aware of the expanded definition of harassment along with the key changes under the legislation. Proper policies and training need to be in place to protect your employees and your organization against potential claims.
!! IMPORTANT !! Please test check your system BEFORE you register. Make sure you are connected via your local desktop (not through your company’s server) to perform this test and view the future presentation. Click here to test your system and for troubleshooting tips.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn about legislative updates under Ontario’s Bill 132 and your legal obligations
- Understand your role and responsibilities as an employer/manager in dealing with complex issues of violence and/or harassment
- Gain an understanding of your organization’s obligations in ensuring an environment free of harassment and violence
- Understand how to handle delicate workplace scenarios
- Explore practical considerations and best practices pertaining to safe workplaces
- Learn how to reinforce with your team, the goal of creating a respectful and safe work environment
This webinar will be facilitated by Payroll Compliance Advisors from the Compliance Services and Programs department at the Canadian Payroll Association. This informative 90 minute webinar will include answers to pre-submitted questions.
After registering online for an archived webinar, you will receive an email confirmation that is sent approximately 2 business days after the registration has been processed. This email contains the login information for the webinar.
Cancellations: No refunds will be issued once the email containing the login information has been provided.